Friday, 9 February 2007

So I've Been Tagged

On Jen T's blog she has tagged me. What the hell is that? Do I need antibiotics? No, I'm now in a game where I get the three books that are closest to me, go to page 123, go in 5 sentences then write the next 3 in my blog along with the book and author's name.

Ok, so my computer is in the lounge room, no books in here. The next closet room is has one of my book shelves, that is about six meters long and floor to ceiling. Oh and full of books. Crap.

Fine, so I grabbed three books which are up there with my favorites. I've read these three numerous times already and I'm sure I'll read them a lot of times again in the future.

**************
GHOST BEYOND EARTH - by G.M. Hague (Graeme Hague)

Normally the outer door was opened by pushing a single large button - large enough to accommodate the bulky gloves of the spacesuits. However, this would also start a chain of reactions, including bleeding the atmosphere from the airlock chamber. This was to prevent the astronaut from being spat out into space with the escaping air as the door opened.

**************
THE REALITY DYSFUNCTION - by Peter F. Hamilton

Thetis retreated, his subconscious grousing away. But he knew better than try and argue with his sister when she was in that mood.
We're going after it? Oenone demanded.

**************
MAGICIAN - Raymond E. Feist

Her body trembled as she said, "I don't have words, Pug. You're the only one who tried to ... understand me. You see more than anyone else."

**************
Oh and why not what I have been writing....

UN-NAMED WORK IN PROGRESS - Glenn

I blanched, “What?! You can’t give me a bath, you’re both old enough to be my mother!” Straight away I wished I could take back my outburst. Azaya’s eyes narrowed and Julie hissed at me to shut up.

**************
So who am I going to tag...? No freakin idea as I am sure all the Fly Girls have been taken and I don't seem to have any other fans ;-) Tell you what, give it a crack and let me know in the comments so I can link to your blog

11 comments:

Jennifer Talty said...

Antibiotics? Sheesh.

Um, you only had to do one book dude, but I did five because those are the books I'm reading right now. Well, not all at once. Three I had just read.

But I think I waqnt to read GHOST BEYOND EARTH. I must go in search of it.

And the fly-girls - we're your biggest fans!

OzWriter said...

Ahh well as you know I'm realing Tell No One :-)

I could have done the 123rd page of something else I'm reading, but it doesn't have that many pages ;-P

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

So, are you enjoying Tell No One? I had forgotten that was in first person.

I bet the author of that shorter story is just brilliant!

OzWriter said...

I am enjoying it. I really like how Harlan has done the 1st person/3rd person POV mixture. I'm not entirely sure if I have read a book done in that fashion before, but I'm enjoying how he has done it.

That short story, pure brilliance, such an amazing author...

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

You are such a suck up!

But Harlan is Amazing! When I first read it and he jumped POV's on me it annoyed me because loved being in the good old doc's head, but then it grew on me. He's got some great other books. I think I'm his biggest fan! Oh wait, I'm suposed to be yours. Snort.

Kari Lee Townsend said...

But you don't need any other fans, you've got us! We're enough for anyone, trust me;))

Well, now I think I have to read some of those you posted. They are certainly different than the books I usually read, but sound really interesting.

OzWriter said...

It would be difficult to find a better introduction to the Fantasy genre than Feist's Magician series (Silverthorn & A Darkness at Sethanon are also part of the trilogy).

Peter Hamilton is Sci-Fi, and the books are HUGE. I love big books which is why I am glad I was able to do over 125,000 words (500 pages) because that is the minimum sized book I like to read.

Hague is an Australian author and I love his stuff. Hasn't had anything published in a few years but I understand he is working on something at the moment.

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

Happy Valentines day Oz!

Hope your having a nice day.

OzWriter said...

Thanks Jen. I hope you get your wish to be snowed in tomorrow, so you can't leave the house, and are trapped. Hopefully with someone extra special ;-)

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

Yeah!!!!! Snow day. If the dance studio doesn't close I'm going to be so mad! And I've got 4 someone specials. Okay, so my kids are gonig to be underfoot all day, but thats fine. DH made it home last night safe and sound and he's taking me out tonight! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I have to say it's a nice 'novel' way to hear about books you might not have seen yet. Although for me...this would not produce books most of you are likely to read.