Friday, 12 January 2007

A Little Bit of Fun

Ok, so you're sitting there, nothing is coming to you, your mind is a blank. So instead of trying to force yourself to think of "what happens next" why don't you do something silly instead?

I was messing around with some work mates filling the Inbox of a colleague who had the nerve to be on holidays while we were at work. So we were just sending stupid emails back to each other for the sake of it. I thought I would mix it up a little and try to include words starting with the same letter in different emails. The following gibberish is the result:

I've been frequently frustrated by my foiled and failed attempts to provide forthwith a flurry of furious humour of what would no doubt be personal faux pas, instead I'm forced to resort to fabricated follies of flatulence.

Well I wouldn't want to prevaricate on the possibility of procrastinating positions of power with the prevailing pervasiveness of posturing by prominent pedestrians in the halls of this place.

Do you think the culmination of consecutive correspondence may have the consequence of convincing her not to continue her crusade as a contributor to our all conquering cavalcade of curiously compulsive contact?


What did I discover by doing this? It's a great way to take your mind off whatever it is you are struggling to work out! The rules are simple, a silly sentence using words that start with the same letter preferably of multiple syllables. Try to avoid using a thesaurus if you can so you are flexing that mental muscle to the fullest.

Give it a go, you get to waste a little time and you might actually have a chuckle in the process.

15 comments:

Jennifer Talty said...

OMG! First - aren't you cute!

What great e-mails. So, simply coming up with some words starting with a single same letter, not so simple. I suck at this sorry game.

OzWriter said...

Haha, well done!

Jennifer just really needs to juxtapose her words by joining jolly jumbles of jealously jaded comments by journaling judiciously about Barbi Jo's jam jams on the Fly Girls' Blog.

(J was actually a bit difficult)

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

Ozwriter,

Try O!

only one word opens to own my oogly oz-like brain. Overtly obritary and oddly deals with osmosis, maybe. Ordinarily wouldn't oppose sharing said O word, but others might oppose me sharing. But it might be orgasmic.

Snort.

I guess next time I have to try G.

Jennifer Talty said...

Grim's grizzley growl gave way to groans of giggles as fly-girls gloat ghostly at gumballs made of gushing goobers and fish guts before gunning the goat!

This is addicting. And I officially have no life. My kids have a life as they are out and about at school events as I sit here and ponder what letter I want to tackle next. Geez. Another G!

OzWriter said...

Fantastic!

Listless and languid I struggle to find the daily lashings of loathsome words. With my lambasting of language that is ladled out in large luminescent laps of laughter, that has been likened as to lacking in true literature, I labour at loquacious lewdness that is languishing in a literal largesse of personal longing.

I really am struggling today. It's Saturday and I have only punched out 1,000 words. I keep finding other things to do other than write properly *sigh*

Ok, back to it, I think I need another scary sequence to happen, I'm thinking of some phobic to try and insert in.

Jennifer Talty said...

Let's Try N - Naughty girls nibble nicley on nothing but nutter-butter nibblers loaded with nasty nuggets of noodle nog laced with niacin and narcotics nerver once noticing numbnuts hiding nickels in his nightshirt.

Barbie Jo said...

Oooh, oooh, I'm gonna give this a try! Hmmm.. What about "D"

Daring divers dip dimpled toes into the deep dark water while wondering when a dastardly demon will dine on them for dinner.

Or how about "M"

Many merry mice mince mutilated muscles of mountain goats under the marvelous moonlight as the musty miners march for miles to munch such a marvelous meal.

haaaa! This is pretty fun! I could do this all day! But then I wouldn't get any work done.

So back to it! enjoy the weekend!

OzWriter said...

You're both positive geniuses!

Finally got out 3,000 words yesterday. Today my minimum target is 1,200 which I should be able to romp in. Updates later.

Jennifer Talty said...

Stop blogging and get writing. Geez.

Barbie Jo said...

Well, did you get your 1,200 in? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh, and get shopping for that laptop! (or 'lappy') *snort*

OzWriter said...

Yep, up to 1,700 and had to take a break. Felt pretty yucky afterwards (nightmare scene, not very nice at all) so watching Bicentenial Man on the dumbass tube :-)

I could stop right now but tis only 1:50pm (Sunday, for Jen) and I know there is more in me. It's just I can only do this particular bit in small bites. Hopefully at the end of the day it will have as much impact in the reading as it does the writing.

Glenn

Jennifer Talty said...

Ozwriter,

Something tells me I might like your nightmare scene. I love dark and spooky stuff. Heck, I actually sat and watched both SAW movies. I know, I have issues.

Glad you've gotten some writing done. It's Saturday still, at least for one more hour, so I'm going to try and finish my scene. I'm so confused by the time change since it also encompases a day. It's so Twilightish.

Hey Barbie, We've got to get Pepper and Cakes over here so we can completely take over Ozwriter's blog!

OzWriter said...

Ooohhh no, you wouldn't like this one, but that is the whole idea, to evoke a strong response in the reader, and remember it's a nightmare, so typically not something people want to experience. If I have written it well enough you should like it for what it does, but you aint gonna like what it is about. *I* don't like what it's about...

Jennifer Talty said...

You don't know me very well. I like odd things. Abnormal things, and now I'm totally interested in what this nightmare is, or was, or whatever. So, gonna fill me in? My mind is reeling with ideas.

Damn, I'm supposed to be writing, but nooooo, I'm thinking about what this nightmare is. Which reminds me, you touched on something I've been leaving out of DARK WATER. Damn, I think you just solved my problem with bitchy Lacy! Thanks dude!

OzWriter said...

Hehe, I don't know if I want to fill you in because there is a tiny part of me that hopes you might buy my book one day and I don't want to ruin it for you.

Glenn