Tuesday, 21 November 2006

A Milestone - Book odo reads 30,700 words

Have cracked the 30,000 word mark tonight with an easy 1,600 words written to get me over the line, much yay for me. I'm finding my "minimum" target of 300 words a day now incredibly easy to achieve. I'm getting better at filling in information that I wasn't including when I first started, such as a little more scene description, character interaction, more "thoughts" from my guy.

I'm tempted to up my daily target to 600 words, maybe even 1,000 words a day. But then I will have nights like last night when I don't really feel like writing much and instead just knock out a lazy 400 before sitting in front of Mythbusters and ER. I figure at this point I won't push my luck in case I hit the wall of dreaded writer's block.

That said a couple of ideas have come to mind of what is going to happen next so I should be good for the next 10,000+ words or so. I'm also happy that getting past 25,000 words means I am 1/3 of the way to my first draft target total of 75,000.

No comments: