Sunday, 26 November 2006

Another Milestone - Book odo reads 40,700 words

Another weekend gone and another weekend with a good amount of output. The novel is over 40,000 words now which is four times larger than anything I have written on a single subject to date. Dialogue seems to be flowing easier, ideas are coming to me readily and tonight my guy got a bath, lucky devil.

I don't think he will be so lucky tomorrow night.

My fingers are now at the threshold of the dreaded ceremony. Dreaded because I'm still not sure what is going to happen but the door is shut, the bolts are thrown and the three protectors are in position waiting for the next thing to happen. After pushing out two back-to-back 3,000+ word days I'm calling it quits for the night and will see if anything stews in my subconscious in the next 24 hours.

I still have a very long way to go and I'm even rethinking my word target for the first draft. But rather than strain my brain about it tonight, I think I'm going to pour a nice glass of Jack Daniels, on the rocks if you don't mind, and congratulate myself on another good weekend.

Cheers.

No comments: